The purpose of this project was to meet the needs of the Ausgrid power network upgrade. Ultegra engaged ABI Civil Contracting to complete the construction of a cast-in-situ jointing pit. The site was located within the Barangaroo Metro Station, one of Sydney’s highest-profile projects. ABI Civil Contracting worked alongside Sydney Metro, BESIX Watpac, Ultegra and onsite unions to deliver the contracted scope of works.
- Prepare ground improvements, form sub-base for structure
- Temporary works, including staging, pour designs and false works
- High strength pumpable concrete, carried out over three pours (Base/Walls/Ceiling)
- Stainless steel fabrications furniture
- Management of the programme was critical as it was extremely tight, and having sufficient engineering resource was essential
- A focus on planning proved dividends throughout the project and ensured that the client expectations were met
- The Last Planner System was embraced by the site team and made a priority. It was maintained in an area where the entire team had access, allowing them to see the target for the week. This was used to capture all elements of the project, including key procurement dates, subcontractor requirements, designer inspections and client/designer inputs, and will also be invaluable