CPB Ghella Joint Venture
Sydney Metro Western Sydney airport station box and tunnelling project (WSA SBT) involves the construction and operation of a metro rail line approx. 23 kms in length, between the T1 Western Line at St Marys and the Aerotropolis Core in the south of Western Sydney International Airport.
CPB Contractors and Ghella Joint venture (CPBG JV) engaged ABI Civil to undertake various scopes in the Sydney Metro WSA SBT site establishment package. The work includes bulk earthwork, utilities work, road pavement construction, drainage installation and FRP works.
- Bulk Earthworks and removal of 60000 m3 spoil
- Pavement Construction: Place & Compact, removal and treat unsuitable materials, Trim and conform using UTS
- Services install – excavation, lay, backfill 1.5km of combined service trench(High Voltage, Low voltage, Communications, dewater, grout, water)
- Construct Rock lined and grass lined Open drainage with max width of 25m and depth of 5m
- Stormwater drainage installation from 350mm to 2100mm pipes
- 2 Coat seal with more than 50000 m2
- Concrete Pavements and FRP works in 2 sets of headwalls for 2.1m twin cell drainage pipes and in situ service pits
- Construction of Concrete structures (more than 1150 m3) which included Water treatment Slab x 2, Grout Plant Slab, Substation Slab, Roundabout, Workshop slab
- ABI Civil proactively liaised with multiple suppliers, reserved critical shortage materials, and sought approvals for alternative materials and suppliers, as necessary to ensure the Project scope was successfully delivered without any delay and on budget
- The project was successfully delivered by ABI Civil despite being constructed in an extremely difficult period managing COVID 19 constraints and impacts.
- ABI Civil maintained a high level of safety performance during construction with 0 Lost Time and Medical Treatment Injuries recorded